Civil War Strategy is a strategic level simulation of the American Civil War.
On May 13th, 2017 a new version (2.0) of W.R. Hutsell’s classic Civil War Strategy game has been released! It comes 19 years after the previous release in 1998 and brings with it native support for Windows – no more need to learn how to use DOSBox!
You can download the game for FREE. 100% free, no gimmicks!
If you want you can also still download the old DOS version of the game here. Please take a few moments of time to configure the application to run correctly.
- Intuitive to play, fairly short game duration (e.g. a couple hours), but with significant replayability. A great casual wargame.
- 1 or 2 Player – includes artificial intelligence opponent.
- Play as either the Union or the Confederacy.
- Includes random events which effect the course of the war.
- Extremely customizable, data files allow for almost endless customizations – add/remove commanders, change locations and values of cities, changing starting variables, and so on.
- Keeps a history of battles if so desired to allow you to review the course of your alternative history.
- You can recruit from different cities, each cities gives a recruitment based on relative historical ability.
- You can move, direct to combat, move via railroad, join, supply, divide, and so on armies.
- You can appoint and relieve commanders over armies, ensuring the best commander is assigned in the most critical theaters.
- As time progresses you receive the ability to build not only wooden but also ironclad ships.
- You can raid enemy commerce, disrupting their income.
- Attack cities – destroying fortifications.
- If a city is neutralized you can perform an amphibious invasion establishing a toehold on enemy soil.